Recipe by dayla
This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. He warns me about the upcoming hunting season so that I can make these for his trip. They are very moist and tasty. I use Pampered Chef's cinnamon plus for the spices and like it the best. I have won Reserve Grand champ at our local fair with these and they are often requested. Freeze nicely.
Top Review by Janet W
My daughter who is pretty fussy loved these...She has made sure that I have this in my cookbook so I can make them again. They are very moist. It also gives the house a nice smell when you are boiling the ingredients. Thank you I will keep this handy :)
- 473.18 ml apples, skin on, grated
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml butter
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 828.06 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Put the grated apples, sugar, water, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cool; add flour and soda.
- Fill paper lined cupcake tins 2/3 full.
- Bake until cupcakes spring back when touched in the center.