Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 2⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup solid pack canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, almonds and butter in a bowl.
- Press on bottom and 2 inches up sides of a 9-inch spring form pan. Set crust aside.
- Save extra crust mix to use as topping.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Blend in eggs, sour cream, pumpkin and spice.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Turn off oven, open oven door slightly and leave cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Spread almond crunch topping over warm cheesecake.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.