Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
This recipe that I adopted was delicious without really changing it. The only changes I made were to add some spices to the pie filling, because I like plenty of spices in my apple pie. If you don't like that much spice, cut down the amounts or omit them. Crunchy on the top and the bottom, this pie is destined to become one of my favorites.
- 1 (9 ounce) graham cracker crust (large size)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush bottom and sides of crust with egg yolk; bake on baking sheet until light brown, about 5 minutes.
- Mix spices with pie filling and spoon into crust; combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, oats and melted butter together until blended.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over pie filling. Bake at 375°F on a cookie sheet for 35 minutes.