Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The crunchy topping makes these muffins extra good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg substitute
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/2 tsp.
- cinnamon into mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until fine crumbs form.
- Combine egg replacer and soymilk.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Stir in apples.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
- Mix brown sugar, pecans, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a bowl.
- Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake in 375 degree oven 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Perfect n darn good!
Delicious! I made mini muffins, baked for 11 minutes and 1 hr later, only half the muffins remain! Very easy to make and I love that it is dairy free (all the other recipes I found called for butter). Having a small batch is also good, as I like my muffins fresh. The only changes I made were to use a real egg instead of a substitute and I put all the cinnamon in the batter (I didn't read the instructions until too late). I thought it was the perfect amount of cinnamon and wouldn't have wanted less. Thanks for the great recipe! I think I'm going to go have another one!
My family loved these. I took the advice of wondertastebuds and used a banana in place of the egg substitute. I also added some milk chocolate chips as the kids love them. The kids raved about these. Thanks for the recipe.