Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A wonderful and easy to prepare apple dessert, see the note on the bottom before adding in the water.
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a shallow 2-quart casserole.
- In the bottom of casserole, arrange apple slices.
- Add water if desired for softer apples.
- In a small bowl blend together the cinnamon, cornflake crumbs, sugar and butter, then pat the mixture over apples.
- Bake until the apples are tender, and the crust is browned, about 30-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
- **NOTE** if you prefer the apples very soft and mushy add in the 1/3 cup water, for a harder apple add in only a couple of tablespoons of water, or no water at all.
This is the best ever! THE PIE IS VERY GOOD (by Maria, 7)