1/2 Photos of Apple Crunch Bars
This bar is a healthy and nutritious bar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups peeled chopped granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- 2Reserve 2 cups flour mixture, and set aside.
- 3Add baking soda and next 3 ingredients to remaining flour mixture; beat well.
- 4Add vanilla and next 2 ingredients; beat well.
- 5Stir in apple.
- 6Press reserved 2 cups flour mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 7Sprinkle walnuts over flour mixture.
- 8Spread apple mixture over prepared crust.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until browned.
- 10Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 11Yield: 24 servings (serving size: 1[2-1/4 x 2-1/8-inch] bar).
- 12NOTES: Ann Lapinski, of Schenectady, New York, lightened her mother's crunchy dessert recipe and served it to her family.
- 13They didn't notice any difference.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crunch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 101.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g