Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from one of my co-workers when she brought it to a pot luck. She said she got it from her Grandmother. Its quick, easy and you can do it with any type of fruit. None of the ingredients need to be exact but can be increased to fit the pan size or your personal taste.
- 8 -10 apples (enough to fill your pan)
- 1 -2 tablespoon tapioca
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white sugar, your preferance
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup white flour or 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup white sugar, your preferance
- 1⁄2 cup butter (at room temperature) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- Mix apples tapioca and sugar together and dump into your pan.
- Mix the oarmeal, sugar & flour together, work butter in with a fork or your fingers. It should be sorta crumbly.
- Pour onto the top of filling and pat lightly.
- place into preheated 350 degree oven and bake 30 to 45 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Note - if you cook it too long the top will get quite hard, if you cover w/ foil while hot it will soften. Also adding too much sugar will make your topping almost like a hard cookie.