1 hr 10 mins
This is a nice and simple recipe, the most time consuming thing is preparing the apples. The topping is nice and crunchy. Different fruits, such as dried cranberries, raisins, rhubarb or any type of berry could be added for a unique taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Core, peel (or not) and slice apples.
- 3In a large bowl, stir together apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- 4Put in a 9"x9" casserole dish and dot with 1/3 of the butter.
- 5Place granola in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to break it up.
- 6Place granola in a bowl and add the rest of the butter.
- 7Using a fork, push the butter into the crushed granola, working it through.
- 8Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- 9Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 10Remove foil and bake about 10 minutes longer or until the topping has browned.
- 11Let stand for approximately 10 minutes then serve with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumble With Granola Topping
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.1
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 139.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g