- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 5 cups apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange apple slices in unbaked pie shell.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar with flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon mixture over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are soft and top is lightly browned.
- Be sure to check for browness of the crust - you may have to cover with tin foil if it's getting too brown.