Recipe by Elly in Canada
A different version of an old favourite apple crisp or apple crumble! Posted by request. Recipe posted as written, the amount of brown sugar is 'to taste', depends on the type and sweetness of your apples. I find 1/4 to 1/2 cup is enough for my 'taste'. Source: Favourite Sussex Recipes by Pat Smith
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a great recipe. We loved the apple crisp prepared this way. It was awesome, lovely tender, spicy apples and a beautiful buttery topping. Thank you for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again and again. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
- 1 lb sliced apple
- brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 ounce crystallized ginger, chopped
- 4 ounces self-raising flour
- 2 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces porridge oats
- 1 ounce brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat overn to 375 degrees or Mark 5.
- Fill a greased pie dish with thinly slice apples.
- Sprinkle sugar and chopped ginger over the slices.
- To make the topping:.
- Rub the butter into the flour and mix in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake until apples are soft and the topping is golden brown; approximately 25 minutes.