Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A different version of an old favourite apple crisp or apple crumble! Posted by request. Recipe posted as written, the amount of brown sugar is 'to taste', depends on the type and sweetness of your apples. I find 1/4 to 1/2 cup is enough for my 'taste'. Source: Favourite Sussex Recipes by Pat Smith
- Preheat overn to 375 degrees or Mark 5.
- Fill a greased pie dish with thinly slice apples.
- Sprinkle sugar and chopped ginger over the slices.
- To make the topping:.
- Rub the butter into the flour and mix in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake until apples are soft and the topping is golden brown; approximately 25 minutes.
Super fast to make. Especially when you have sliced apples already in the freezer. ;) I don't care for crystallized ginger, so left that out, however I did add the dried to the topping. Very nice flavour. I loved rubbing the flour and butter together. :) We really enjoyed this tonight Elly, and will certainly be making it again. Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.