Recipe by bearhouse5
A delicious apple crumble made without gluten. My son was intolerant of coconut, so it is also free of that, using flaked almonds instead. In place of the self-raising flour you can simply add 3 teaspoons of gluten-free baking powder to 1 1/2 cups of any all purpose gluten-free flour mix.
- 6 apples
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml sugar (optional)
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 354.88 ml gluten-free self-raising flour
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml vegan margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- Peel, core, and slice apples thinly. Place in a pie dish with sugar, cinnamon and water.
- Place flour, almonds and brown sugar into a bowl. Rub the margarine into the mixture until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture over the apples.
- Bake at 190ºC (375ºF) for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with dairy-free custard or ice cream.