Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious apple crumble made without gluten. My son was intolerant of coconut, so it is also free of that, using flaked almonds instead. In place of the self-raising flour you can simply add 3 teaspoons of gluten-free baking powder to 1 1/2 cups of any all purpose gluten-free flour mix.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- Peel, core, and slice apples thinly. Place in a pie dish with sugar, cinnamon and water.
- Place flour, almonds and brown sugar into a bowl. Rub the margarine into the mixture until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture over the apples.
- Bake at 190ºC (375ºF) for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with dairy-free custard or ice cream.
Wonderfully simple and easy to make. It is also good topped with coconut milk instead of dairy-free ice cream. Also, I used coconut instead of almonds. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!!!
I made this with a flour blend of 3/4c rice, 1/4c sorguhm, and 1/2c corn starch. It worked well, but it was very crumbly (since its called crumble I guess it turned out right). I also used pecans instead of almonds and mixed a few tablespoons of cornstarch with the water so the filling would have a slight sauce to it. It was perfect!