Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
5 ingredient cake that takes 5 minutes to put together AND is fat free
Make and share this Apple Crumble Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with non stick spray.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice them thinly.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat and put butter into the skillet. Once it's melted, throw in the apple slices.
- Once the apples are softened slightly, add ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon and ½ cup sugar. Stir until the sugar is melted.
- Turn off the burner.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 cups of Bisquick mix with 1½ cups of water until it has a slightly thick consistency.
- Add the apple mixture into the bowl of Bisquick mix and stir together until blended. If it is too soupy, then add more mix at your discretion.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and put it in the oven. Set the timer for 35 minutes.
- Once it's done, allow to cool slightly before serving with a side of applesauce.
The guys at my hubby's shop LOVED this cake (Army boys are picky too!)!! Super easy. I changed the recipe some to fit a larger pan, and also added vanilla to the apple mixture. I also sprinkled brown sugar on top. Great recipe!