Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I received this recipe from a friend in Barbados, after I asked to bring a few of her favorite recipes back home with me. The ingredients are meant to be weighed for the most consistent results.
- Mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor.
- Blend in butter and lard until crumbly.
- Press about half of the mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish. Pour the pie filling over. Sprinkle the remaining mixture over top of the pie filling.
- Bake at 375*F for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, or serve chilled.
I made my own apple filling and doubled the cinnamon (personal preference). Very nice served warm, with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for sharing the recipe.