Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I received this recipe from a friend in Barbados, after I asked to bring a few of her favorite recipes back home with me. The ingredients are meant to be weighed for the most consistent results.
- 9 ounces flour (about 1 cup)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sugar (about 2/3 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces butter (about 6 tbsp)
- 2 1⁄4 ounces lard (about 4 1/2 tbsp)
- 14 ounces apple pie filling
- Mix flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor.
- Blend in butter and lard until crumbly.
- Press about half of the mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish. Pour the pie filling over. Sprinkle the remaining mixture over top of the pie filling.
- Bake at 375*F for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream, or serve chilled.
I made my own apple filling and doubled the cinnamon (personal preference). Very nice served warm, with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for sharing the recipe.