1 hr 10 mins
I found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine that won the grand prize in their Crisp and Cobblers contest. Thanks to Carol Simpkins for this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1Cut phyllo in half, spritz with butter-flavored spray.
- 2Layer phyllo with sprayed side up, in a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, ginger, and cinnamon.
- 4Add apples and toss to coat.
- 5Spoon over phyllo dough.
- 7In a bowl combine bread crumbs, flour, brown sugar, ginger, and cinnamon.
- 8Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- 9Add almonds.
- 10Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 40- 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.
- 12Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumble (Award Winning)
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 244.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g