1/1 Photo of Apple Crumble
This is a genuine English recipe, and my personal favorite! The crumble is crumbly as opposed to crispy. Serve hot or cold with custard or light cream (either one having a thin, pouring consistency). You can also make this with peaches, blackberries, rhubarb, etc. (I've tried making it with strawberries and rhubarb, and it turned out wonderfully!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F, Place sliced apples in a greased 13" X 9" dish.
- 2Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon over fruit.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together flour, remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt.
- 4Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 5Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 6Sprinkle over fruit.
- 7Bake at 400 F for 30-45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 69.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g