Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a genuine English recipe, and my personal favorite! The crumble is crumbly as opposed to crispy. Serve hot or cold with custard or light cream (either one having a thin, pouring consistency). You can also make this with peaches, blackberries, rhubarb, etc. (I've tried making it with strawberries and rhubarb, and it turned out wonderfully!)
- Preheat oven to 400°F, Place sliced apples in a greased 13" X 9" dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of the cinnamon over fruit.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt.
- Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 400 F for 30-45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
This recipe was so good and super easy!!
I've been looking for a crumble recipe that resembles the taste and texture of my childhood. The search is over! I only used half the sugar, and tossed the apples in two tablespoons of sugar instead, and served with custard. PURE HEAVEN! thx.
That dish had very strong flavour, sour-sweet, huhh! But it tasted good, great for a sweet-tooth! I served it with whipped cream. Thank you for posting it!