Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Such a simple and easy crumble for anyone to make. Since Granny Smith apples hold their shape when cooked, they work well in this recipe. Other suggested apple varieties include Spy, Gala, Ida Red or Spartan.
- 250 g containerphiladelphia light cream cheese spread
- 631.69 ml crushed nilla vanilla wafers (about 64 wafers)
- 4 medium granny smith apples, peeled, chopped (about 6)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 19.71 ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix cream cheese spread and wafer crumbs with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (Do no overmix). Set aside.
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon until evenly coated. Spoon into 1 1/2 L baking dish; sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crumb mixture is lightly browned and apples are tender. Serve warm. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
- You can jazz it up by topping each serving with 2 Tbsp.thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping.
Simple and so good. I used Granny Smith apples and made as directed. Smells great while it's cooking and is a wonderful treat. Thanks Chef mariajane for sharing. Made for New Kids On the Block Tag.