This recipe is from David Lieberman. It is so good and has lots of yummy flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large golden delicious apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- 2Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/4-inch slices. Place apples in a large mixing bowl and toss with sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon. Pour into a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch baking dish, and spread out into an even layer. Set aside.
- 3In another large bowl, mix together the nuts, flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the topping. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, gently work in the cold butter until pea-sized lumps are formed.
- 4Top apples evenly with mixture and bake until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking.
- 5Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (1576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.4
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 104.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 6.5 g