- 6 apples
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cinnamon
For the topping
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the apples and cut them to cubes or slices. Place them in a small pot and then add the lemon juice, the sugar, the water and the the spices. Boil in low heat until the apples are soft.
- In a bowl mix by hand the sugar, the butter and the flour until they turn to crumbles.
- Butter a pyrex and then place the apple mixture. Put the crumbles on the top.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes.
- Let it cool for a while and dash the powedered sugar.