Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious apple crumble, and it came from www.himonkey.net.
Make and share this Apple Crumble recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 40 g butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 apple
- 75 g custard (optional)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 200 ml double cream (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (180°C, Gas Mark 4).
- Place 1/2 cup of self raising flour into a bowl.
- Place 40g of butter into the same bowl.
- Add 3tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together until they are dry and crumbly.
- Peel and core an apple, and then slice it into roughly 1/2cm (1/3 inch) slices.
- Lay out your apple slices in a random pattern on the bottom of a dish.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the apples, making sure that they are all covered, but do not pat the flour mixture down.
- Place the crumble on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Bake the crumble for 30 minutes.
- Let the crumble cool down for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve with either custard, ice cream or cream.