Matthew Gregg's Note:
This is a delicious apple crumble, and it came from www.himonkey.net.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (180°C, Gas Mark 4).
- 2Place 1/2 cup of self raising flour into a bowl.
- 3Place 40g of butter into the same bowl.
- 4Add 3tbsp of sugar and a pinch of salt to the bowl.
- 5Mix the ingredients together until they are dry and crumbly.
- 6Peel and core an apple, and then slice it into roughly 1/2cm (1/3 inch) slices.
- 7Lay out your apple slices in a random pattern on the bottom of a dish.
- 8Sprinkle the flour mixture over the apples, making sure that they are all covered, but do not pat the flour mixture down.
- 9Place the crumble on the middle shelf of the oven.
- 10Bake the crumble for 30 minutes.
- 11Let the crumble cool down for approximately 5 minutes.
- 12Serve with either custard, ice cream or cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.3
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 193.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g