Recipe by ellie_
An apple crisp type of recipe that is very good during apple season. This one is a little different from others by using apple cider and Granny Smith apples. Delicious served warm topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 1985)
Top Review by Tisme
Fabulous....Easy and soooooo great in taste.....I used Granny Smith Apples, and followed as per recipes..... Just a tiny bit sweet for me, but the rest of the family adoured this! Not a complaint within the family at all....... rave reviews all around! Served with Vanilla Ice-Cream and this was just woinderful according to the critics of this family! Made for the Pies and Tarts ...... June In the Photo's Forum 2010. Thanks ellie .....Fantastic recipe!
- 907.18 g granny smith apples or 907.18 g other green cooking apples, peeled,cored and sliced (16 slices per apple)
- 59.14 ml apple cider
- 59.14 ml flour
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Place apple slices in a 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- Pour cider over apples.
- Combine next ingredients ingredients (flour-salt) in a bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine with two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon mixture over apples, spreading evenly to cover all the apple slices.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is light brown.