An apple crisp type of recipe that is very good during apple season. This one is a little different from others by using apple cider and Granny Smith apples. Delicious served warm topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 1985)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Place apple slices in a 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- Pour cider over apples.
- Combine next ingredients ingredients (flour-salt) in a bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine with two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon mixture over apples, spreading evenly to cover all the apple slices.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is light brown.