Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
An apple crisp type of recipe that is very good during apple season. This one is a little different from others by using apple cider and Granny Smith apples. Delicious served warm topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 1985)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Place apple slices in a 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- Pour cider over apples.
- Combine next ingredients ingredients (flour-salt) in a bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine with two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Spoon mixture over apples, spreading evenly to cover all the apple slices.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is light brown.
Fabulous....Easy and soooooo great in taste.....I used Granny Smith Apples, and followed as per recipes..... Just a tiny bit sweet for me, but the rest of the family adoured this! Not a complaint within the family at all....... rave reviews all around! Served with Vanilla Ice-Cream and this was just woinderful according to the critics of this family! Made for the Pies and Tarts ...... June In the Photo's Forum 2010. Thanks ellie .....Fantastic recipe!
Wonderful, tasty dessert! The whole family will enjoy this great dessert!
Nice and creamy, goes great with icecream.