Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You know when you make pie crust and you find you only have enough left for a bottom crust,what to do;make a banana cream,lemon or freeze for later use. So since I was making apple pies because I had thousands of apples I combine a couple of recipes and came up with this. Hope you enjoy!
- In a large skillet, sauté sliced apples in butter until crisp tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples and mix well to coat.
- Place in unbaked pie shell.
- Mix together flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until resembles fine crumbs.
- Place crumb mixture on top of apples and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.