Recipe by mommyoffour
This is something I like to serve to guests. It looks more complicated then what it really is. I really like the combo of apples and onion mixed in the stuffing for these chops.
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick, cut with pockets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons water
APPLE CRUMB STUFFING
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup apple, diced
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all stuffing ingredients, mix well.
- Stuff pockets with stuffing mixture and secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown chops on both sides.
- Add water and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 50 to 55 minutes or until chops are tender.