1 hr 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe yet - waiting on fresh apples from the Orchard soon but I had to save this here as I was borrowing a book and found this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 granny smith apples, cored, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, melted
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Coat a 15x10x1" pan with non-stick spray.
- 2FOR BARS: Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth about 2 minutes.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Beat in almond extract.
- 5On low speed beat in flour and salt until just blended.
- 6Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- 7Fan apple slices over the top and then brush with the melted preserves.
- 8Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- 9FOR CRUMB TOPPING: Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- 10Stir in the butter until mixture is moistened and clumps together.
- 11Sprinkle evenly over batter in pan.
- 12Bake for an additional 35 minutes.
- 13Remove pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 14Dust with confectioners' sugar and cut into 24 squares.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumb Squares
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 52.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g