1/6 Photos of Apple Crumb Pie (Zwt Midwestern Region)
1 hr 10 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
When I was a kid, my mom was always required to bring pies to family gatherings because no one else made them as well. Here is my spicier version of her most popular recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Place apple slices in large bowl, mix with sugars, spices and flour.
- 2Pour apple mixture into a pastry-lined 9-inch pie pan.
- 3Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 cup flour; cut in butter till crumbly. Sprinkle over apples in pan.
- 4Bake in 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.
- 5(Watch for excess browning; may need to cover with foil near the end of baking time.).
- 7Spread double pie crust recipe across a cookie sheet or other long shallow baking pan.
- 8Spread apple mixture on the pastry-lined pan.
- 9Double the topping mixture and spread across apples.
- 10Bake as directed above.
- 11(this version lends itself to providing smaller pieces to a large crowd).
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crumb Pie (Zwt Midwestern Region)
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 214.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 56.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g