Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a delicious apple pie! The brown sugar crumb topping is so good. ; )
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 large granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Mix granulated sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Toss apples with sugar and spice mixture.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Mix flour and brown sugar together.
- With a fork or a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top of the apples.
- Bake pie for 50 minutes.
- Check pie after 40 minutes, if the crust is getting too dark, cover edges with foil for the final 10 mins.
- of baking.
- Makes one 9" Pie.
My family rated this a 5 star. It was sooooo.... good. What I did was make my own crust and put it in a 9 by 13 pan then doubled up on the pie.
Oh my...I just finished making this and I must say it is delicious in every way. This is my second time making apple pie ever and this is the best recipe I have found. I am stuffing my face as I review it lol...I topped it off with my homemade whipped cream..followed the recipe to a T...Love it!!! Thanks. This one is a keeper.
My first time making any kind of homemade pie and my family loved it. Easy recipe will definitely be doing it again.