Recipe by karmakitchen gal
Recipe from the Artists in the Kitchen cookbook. This is a very simple recipe and probably the best tasting apple pie I have ever had!
Top Review by *Parsley*
I agree that this is a very simple and easy recipe, and yes, it is one of the best apple pies you'll ever eat! My family devoured this pie. I made this exactly as written, using a combination of Honeycrisp and Granny Smith apples. Next time I'll need to make two at one time. Thanx for sharing!
- 6 cups pared peeled and sliced apples (5-7 tart apples)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (my addition)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 9 inches unbaked pastry shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick pastry shell several times with a fork.
- Place sliced apples in unbaked pastry shell.
- Combine 1/2 c of the sugar w/ cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar with flour; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.