Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great change from the usual double crusted apple pie. I am not a big fan of pie crust so I prefer the crumb topping. It turned out great!
- 1 quart apple pie filling
- 1 pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed or 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Prepare desired pastry for 9 inch pan.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill pie crust.
- In medium bowl, blend last four ingredients to form crumbs. Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.