Recipe by Megohm
Oh lawwwwwd. This is one I threw together a few months ago. After figuring out that I only had enough frozen dough for the bottom crust, I improvised and put a crumb topping on my apple pie... Well, it turned out better than I ever could have imagined. So sweet and good, and the topping just makes it that much better. Hope you like it!
- 4 large apples, sliced thin and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 prepared pie crust, not baked
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- reheat oven to 375 fahrenheit.
- Mix first 7 ingredients for filling and pour into prepared pie crust.
- Mix the next 5 ingredients for crumb topping with a fork or fingers, to a coarse crumble.
- Pour over top of apple mixture in pie, evenly.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes, till edges are bubbly.