Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a simple and delicious recipe. it goes together in minutes, tastes like you fussed and is easily doubled to feed any size gathering.
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
Hey Chef V- I'm so glad I picked this recipe. I was making pumpkin pies and pecan pies for Thanksgiving and wanted one other type of pie, but being short on time it had to be something very easy and quick. I LOVED THIS PIE, however, I made a few changes. I had a deep dish 9" pie shell so it took two cans of pie filling and I added 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 cup light brown sugar and a little salt. The pecan shortbread cookie topping is delicious and the pie was absolutely perfect. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups pecan shortbread cookies, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 450°F.
- Pour pie filling into pastry shell. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Place cookie crumbs in a small bowl; stir in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F.; remove foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours.