Recipe by looneytunesfan
Another great recipe that fills the house with a wonderful aroma as its cooking.
- 6 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, chilled, cut into pieces
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix apples, granulated sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Mix flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Prepare pie crust as directed on package, using 9 inch pie plate. Fill with fruit mixture. Cover with crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400* for 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.