Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Kitchen Aid cookbook. Smells delish while cooking. Yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup warm water, 105-115 degrees
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
Mix for crumb filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Scald milk, add butter and water. Cool to luke warm. Place 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast in bowl of electric stand mixer with dough hook attatched. Turn on low and mix 15 seconds. Gradually add warm liquid to bowl, mixing 1 minute Add egg and mix 1 min longer. Continue on low, add additional 1 to 1 1/2 cups flour. 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead 2 min longer.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover: let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Crumb filling: Mix all ingredients with fork until crumbly.
- Punch down dough and divide in half. Roll each half to 9 inch circle. Place 1 circle in bottom of greased 9 in springform pan. Sprinkle one forth of crumb filling on dough. Arrange half the apple slices on filling. Cover with 1/4 of filling mixture. Place second dough circle in pan. Contine to repeat layers. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until double in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove sides of springform pan immediately and cool on wire rack.