- 1 pie shell, 9-inch
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thinly (to make about 2 cups slices)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer one: Beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth; pour into prepared pie shell.
- Layer two: Toss together apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice; spread carefully over cream cheese layer.
- Layer three: Cut together brown sugar, flour, walnuts, and butter until crumbly; spread evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until apples are tender; remove from oven and cool; refrigerate until serving.