Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delectable dessert that's easy as one, two, three!
Make and share this Apple Crumb Cheesecake Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pie shell, 9-inch
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thinly (to make about 2 cups slices)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Layer one: Beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth; pour into prepared pie shell.
- Layer two: Toss together apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice; spread carefully over cream cheese layer.
- Layer three: Cut together brown sugar, flour, walnuts, and butter until crumbly; spread evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until apples are tender; remove from oven and cool; refrigerate until serving.
I'm sorry but this didn't work for me. I would have liked more of the cream cheese filling and the apples didn't get cooked nearly enough. Good luck in the contest.
Some of the apples got dried out, something that would be helped by a quick saute before loading on the cheesecake. Otherwise, great flavor, a hint of citrus making it a very good complement to the apples. I enjoyed this cheescake recipe!
I could not find a fitting pie shell so i used the 3rd layer as layer 1. That worked great and i loved the flavors. I am going to make this again but i will use peaches or berries or even jam as i thought the apples gave this pie a very sourish flavour with i did not like at all as it did not go well with the cream cheese. Good luck for the contest