Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the Washington Apple Commission
Make and share this Apple Crumb Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (rolled)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened or 1 cup margarine
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1) Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 15- by 10- by 1-inch baking pan. Prepare Crumb Topping; set aside.
- 2) In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, and sugar. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 3) In medium bowl, combine oats, 1 cup flour, the brown sugar, baking powder, and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in beaten egg. Spread mixture evenly in pan.
- 4) Toss apples with sugar, remaining 1/4 cup flour, and the nutmeg. Spread apples over oatmeal layer. Sprinkle Crumb Topping in a diagonal pattern over apples. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. To yield 40 bars, divide the 15-inch-long side into 8 sections. Divide the perpendicular 10-inch-long side into 5 sections.