1/9 Photos of Apple Crostata With Caramel Sauce
This rustic apple pie comes together quickly when using a premade or refrigerated pie crust. I like to use Jonagold apples sliced pretty thin, about 2 medium will equal the 4 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400ºF.
- 2Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the flour in large bowl. Stir in apples. The sugar-flour mixture will not all stick to the apples; that's OK.
- 3Spread the apple mixture uniformly from center of the dough circle to within 2 inches of edge. Fold edge of dough over apple mixture; crimp edge of dough slightly.
- 4Mix 2 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg & cinnamon; sprinkle over apples and dough.
- 5Cut the 1 Tbsp butter into 5 or 6 small pieces; spread on top of the apples.
- 6Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- 7Cut into wedges. Serve warm drizzled with caramel topping.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Crostata With Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 225.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g