Recipe by PaNik
I started with Mammy's Apple Crisp and made enough adjustments to have a new recipe that perfectly suits my tastes. One big change is that I tossed the apples in cinnamon sugar. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Don't forget the vanilla ice cream and thanks to Whtsebring for the original recipe.
Top Review by Darkhunter
This was one of the best apple crisps I've had in years. I don't know if it was the cinnamon sugar or the topping. I did have to cheat on the topping a little bit. I didn't have enough brown sugar (those sugar theives are at it again!), so I used white sugar and then some molasses. Yum! Thnx for sharing your recipe, PaNik. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 3 cups apples, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup old- fashioned oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Toss apples in cinnamon sugar and spread them in the dish.
- Combine flour, sugar, and butter until crumbly.
- Add nuts and oats to flour mixture.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over apples.
- Bake for 40- 45 minutes until top is lightly browned.