- 4 cups sliced peeled apples, i use granny smith
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted (I use Wondra)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 10 inch pie plate, I use Cooking spray.
- Mound apples in prepared pie plate.
- Pour orange juice over the apples.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, flour, cinammon, nutmeg and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.