Apple Crisp With Oatmeal Cookie Crust
- Cream 1/4 cupsugar, butter together, stirr in flour, 1 tsp cinnamon and oats and form into crust on greased pan, saving 40 percent of the dough for the top layer of crust.
- Simmer granny smith or other tart apples with lemon juice, unti mushy, allow to cool and marinate sweet baking apples with tart mixture for 4 hours.
- Blend remaining spices, brown sugar and rub over apples.
- Add apples to crusted sheet and crumble remaining dough over apples.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 40 minutes, checking every 5 minutes to make sure batch is not overdone.