Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Childhood memories abound in this dessert. My mother would make this for functions that I attended and it always garnered tons of raves and requests for the recipe. Inexpensive and delicious. Extremely easy to make. Recipe is not my own, I received it after making a request here on "Zaar". :)
- 5 apples, sliced and peeled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Quaker Oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put half of the apples in a greased 9x9-inch pan. Blend together remaining ingredients, except juice, and crumble half the flour mixture over the apples.
- Cover with remaining apples and flour mixture. Pour juice over top. Bake 35 minutes.
- *Do not use a food processor or mixer to mix in the cornflakes as the topping will turn pasty on you. My mother just mixed hers with her hands. I sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar on mine when serving. :).
Great recipe! This apple crisp is very good served ala mode.