Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different, richer apple crisp. This recipe comes from a bed and breakfast in Searsport, Maine.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Toss with mixture of cinnamon and add 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining sugar with flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Crack eggs into dry mixture and work well until topping mixture is crumbly.
- Lay apple slices in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle topping over apples and pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Without a doubt, the BEST apple crisp ever!!!! We loved it! My husband used the word "sublime" to describe it. My daughter (11) helped make it and it was fun and easy too. I forgot to add the nutmeg to the apples so I sprinkled it on top before it went in the oven and that seemed to do the trick. Besides that I followed the recipe exactly. It was PERFECT! I will make this again and again! Thanks so much Aroostook!
Delicious simple-to-make apple desert. I halved the recipe (but used 2 eggs) and cooked it in an 8x8 pan allowing a little extra time for cooking in a smaller pan. Thanks Aroostook for sharing -- I am adding this to my apple desert collection as we will be having this often during apple season.
Aroostook, this is a great dessert! You are right, it is different than any crisp recipe I am familiar with either. To me the favor and texture is more like an apple pie than a crisp, but much easier to prepare than a pie! I loved the sweetness of the topping, it enhances the apple filling. I already have a favorite apple crisp recipe, but this is so different, that this recipe will become a favorite APPLE recipe and made often around my house! Thanks for sharing this winner!