Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
I got this recipe off the internet, but I don't remember the website.
- 118.29 ml oats
- 532.32 ml Bisquick, divided (tm)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml milk
- 177.44 ml chunky applesauce
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 1 egg
- Mix oats, 1/4 cup Bisquick, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into greased jelly roll pan. Spread batter to edges.
- Sprinkle oats mixture over batter.
- Bake at 425°F for 14-16 minutes or until light golden brown.
This was quite a tasty treat on a cold morning and produced just the right aroma to rouse my DH out of bed! I adjusted the amounts to make 1/2 the recipe and used a heart-shaped bundt pan instead of a regular baking dish. That meant I had to put the topping in first, then add the batter. It popped out perfectly! I also nuked a small apple to add to my non-chunky applesauce and glad I did. The only thing I'll do next time is add a little sugar or Splenda to the batter. It had a fabulously light texture, but just needed more sweetness. As all good pancakes need, we topped ours with syrup, but that's not necessary. Thanks 4-H Mom!
My family loved this. It did make a lot - I would say it serves closer to 10.