Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is today's TOH recipe of the day. They look wonderful!
Make and share this Apple Crisp Muffins Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml packed brown sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml finely chopped peeled apples
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 19.71 ml grated orange peel
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml old fashioned oats
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 44.37 ml cold butter
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into centers of muffins.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
These are fabulous!! The filling, topping, and base of these muffins are each really good; but together, they're extraordinary (especially when warm!). I made the recipe as written, but scaled it down to six servings--and ended up with seven beautiful, soft, moist, flavorful, regular size muffins. Thanks for posting, DeeVaFoodie; this one's absolutely a keeper! (Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! 2011.)