Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is today's TOH recipe of the day. They look wonderful!
Make and share this Apple Crisp Muffins Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into centers of muffins.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
These are fabulous!! The filling, topping, and base of these muffins are each really good; but together, they're extraordinary (especially when warm!). I made the recipe as written, but scaled it down to six servings--and ended up with seven beautiful, soft, moist, flavorful, regular size muffins. Thanks for posting, DeeVaFoodie; this one's absolutely a keeper! (Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! 2011.)