Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 500 Best Muffins! Perfect for apple season!
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated peeled apple
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a bowl, beat egg with a fork. Add milk, butter, and honey; blend well. Add graham crumbs.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add honey mixture; stir just until moist. Fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling to top. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
I agree with LizAnn for the dense texture and that it didn't rise a lot. I don't see where is the crisp in the muffin. But the taste is very good. Thanks for posting this recipe Redsie :) Made for Holiday Tag.
These are a keeper. I used buttermilk instead of milk and should have remembered to add a little baking soda with it. So they didn't rise too well and were a little dense. But the flavor was oh so good. Not too sweet. Some changes I may try next time: Half butter half applesauce and use the remainder 1/4 cup butter to make a struesel topping. Thanks for sharing!
This is yummy and I guess healthier than traditional muffins. The graham cracker crumbs get soggy, which works well in making the consistency very soft, moist and smooth. I will definitely make this recipe again, but with raisins and a little more apple.