Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Christmas season is here, and I have been searching for mix recipes to jar as presents. Recipe from Mary Mae's Jars and Mixes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chilled butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients and seal in ziploc or vacuum seal bag (or jar).
- To give as gift, Place 2 cans apple pie filling in gift basket with a mix.
- Add pretty potholders, and wooden spoon.
- Instructions to attach to jar:.
- To serve, spread 2 cans apple pie filling in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake in a 400¼F oven for 19 to 21 minutes or until filling bubbles and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm.