Top Review by Gramma Willow
I have tried a few apple crisp recipes but was never satisfied with the "crust" until I tried this one. Very tasty and a nice crispy crumble with the addition of the oatmeal. This is a great quick dessert and a must to serve it warm over ice-cream or frozen vanilla.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, -- cored and sliced
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with non-stick butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine oatmeal, flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Mix to combine. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Place sliced apples in an even layer over the bottom of the prepared pan and sprinkle with salt and cinnamon to taste. Top apple slices with oatmeal mixture and another dash of cinnamon.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Serving Ideas : Serve warm with ice cream or cold cut into large squares.