Recipe by jinx
Top Review by Chef 495452
I made this for a dessert with my sister. We really enjoyed it. I added a touch of vanilla to the apple and lemon juice mixture. Excellent! We topped it with vanilla ice cream. Delicious! I will be making this again. I also cut down on the butter but next time I may add 5 tablespoons to the topping instead of 4 tablespoons. Awesome recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 6 medium cooking apples
- 3 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- With pastry cutter or steel blade in food processor add flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, baking powder, salt and butter.
- Process until mixture no longer looks "floury".
- Add walnuts and process just a second. Set aside.
- Half and core apples, peeling is up to you.
- Slice apples.
- Arrange apple slices in a buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine sugar (adjust to tartness) and cinnamon.
- Spread over apples.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Distribute topping over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.